This has always been a favorite of mine, though I used to do a higher carb version using potatoes instead of Jicama. This is much better for you and just as tasty.
1 lb Kielbasa – cut into ½ inch slices and then halved. (You can use any type, turkey, beef, pork, etc.)
2-3 cups Sauerkraut
1 medium Onion – chopped
¾ cup Jicama – cut into ½ inch cubes
Butter for sautéing (can substitute olive or avocado oil if desired)
- Boil Jicama for 25 minutes.
- Sauté kielbasa in butter until hot. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion and jicama in butter until onion softens and there is slight browning.
- Add sauerkraut and cook over medium heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kielbasa and cook another 10 minutes covered.
- Serve hot.