I have been making these pizzas for many years. Long before I went low-carb.
They also make great hors d’oeuvres just substitute smaller mushrooms (1 – 1-1/2 inch) and make 2 or 3 per guest (depending on what else you’re serving.)
- 2 large portabello mushrooms (5”)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Oregano, basil, fennel, black pepper,
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Olive Oil
- Toppings: onion, bell pepper, sausage, pepperoni, etc.
- De-vein mushrooms
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil in about 2 minutes per side
- Mix tomato paste, garlic and spices to create a tasty pizza sauce.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly in hollow of mushroom
- Cover with mozzarella
- Add toppings you desire
- Top with Parmesan
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes at 325 degrees