1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1 onion diced
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper
butter for sauteing
- Slice eggplant thin (1/4 inch), salt lightly and let sweat for 15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Brown onion in butter, add beef and paprika to taste – stir constantly until meat browned
- In a baking dish, place a layer eggplant, a layer of beef, layer of eggplant, layer of beef layer of eggplant until full.
- Bake at 325 until eggplant on top browns around edges (about 45 minutes)
- Scramble eggs and milk, salt and pepper to taste, pour over eggplant and cook another 15-20 minutes.